Joel is a Principal with SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C., and member of Business Advisory Services. Experienced in financial and tax issues as well as valuation and litigation matters, Joel achieves profitability and protection of his clients’ interests by clearly understanding their future goals. He works closely and proactively with clients and emphasizes business and income tax planning, together with estate tax planning, to effectively manage their business and personal assets.
Joel provides clients with technical expertise in valuations, financial reporting, corporate/partnership taxation, individual taxation, and taxation of partnerships, corporations and S corporations. He also assists business owners and their attorneys in negotiating and implementing business agreements as well as business sales/purchases.
Joel has over 30 years of consulting experience and has been recognized by Five Star and Milwaukee Magazine as one of the top tax advisors in the Milwaukee area. He works with clients on creating business value through strategic planning, including defining missions, setting long- and short-term goals, defining marketing programs and implementing programs to enhance growth. Joel has assisted numerous companies through merger, sale, acquisition and capital fund raising transactions. He also serves on numerous boards.
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee - Bachelor of Business
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Value Builder ™ (CVB)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Succession Planning Advisors of Wisconsin
- Diversified Insurance Seminar Series
- Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE)
- Sunbelt Business Bankers Seminar Series
- Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA)
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce
- Milwaukee Entrepreneurs & Investors Forum
- Wisconsin Succession Planning Group Seminar Series
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- Estate Counselors Forum
- Midwest Business Brokers & Intermediaries (MBBI)
- Corporate Advisory Council
- Business Growth Advisors
- Business Exit Planning Advisors
- Wisconsin Succession Planning Group
- Council of Small Business Executives
- 1st Stage Children’s Theater - Board of Directors - VP-Finance
- Caritas for Children - Board of Directors - Treasurer
- Brookfield Academy School - Board of Directors
- Sharp Literacy Inc. - Board of Directors - Treasurer
- MBBI - Board of Directors - Treasurer
- Variety, The Childrens Charity of Wisconsin - Treasurer
Joel enjoys spending his free time in the northwoods of Wisconsin, soaking up the Florida sunshine, or hitting the local golf courses.