Joel is a principal at SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C. and member of the Business Advisory Services group. Joel helps clients improve their company profitability and protects their interests by clearly understanding their future goals. He works closely and proactively with clients with an emphasis in business and income tax planning. This approach results in better management of their business and personal assets to help them reach their life goals.
Joel provides clients with technical expertise in valuations, financial reporting, and individual and corporate taxation. He also assists business owners in negotiating and implementing business agreements, estate planning, succession planning, exit planning, value analysis and improvement, and the ultimate purchase and/or sale of their company. He works with clients on creating business value through strategic planning including defining missions, setting long- and short- term goals, defining marketing programs and implementing programs, to enhance growth. Joel has assisted numerous companies through merger, sale, acquisition and capital fundraising transactions.
Joel has over 35+ years of consulting experience and has been recognized by Five Star and Milwaukee Magazine as one of the top tax advisors in the Milwaukee area for 3 consecutive years. Joel was recognized with the 2014 WICPA Public Service Award, as well as the 2015 Five Star Certified Public Accountant Award.
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee - Bachelor of Business
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Value Builder ™ (CVB)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Biz Starts
- Action Coach
- Biz Times
- Succession Planning Advisors of Wisconsin
- Diversified Insurance Seminar Series
- Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE)
- Sunbelt Business Bankers Seminar Series
- Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA)
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce
- Milwaukee Entrepreneurs & Investors Forum
- Wisconsin Succession Planning Group Seminar Series
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- Estate Counselors Forum
- Midwest Business Brokers & Intermediaries (MBBI)
- Wisconsin Succession Planning Group
- Council of Small Business Executives
- 1st Stage Children’s Theater - Board of Directors - VP-Finance
- Caritas for Children - Board of Directors - Treasurer
- Brookfield Academy School - Board of Directors
- Sharp Literacy Inc. - Board of Directors - Treasurer
- MBBI - Board of Directors - Treasurer
- Variety, The Childrens Charity of Wisconsin - Treasurer
Joel enjoys spending his free time in the northwoods of Wisconsin, soaking up the Florida sunshine, or hitting the local golf courses.