John is a Senior Manager in the Assurance Services group in the Milwaukee office of SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C. In that role, he provides technical accounting research and guidance to business clients with complex accounting, reporting and internal control questions.
Since 1989, John has worked with clients ranging in size from small start-up businesses to some of the largest international public organizations in a variety of industries including manufacturing, retail, defense, construction, software, health care, real estate, governmental and not-for-profits. He has also gained significant specialized experience with international financial reporting standards (IFRS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, Service Organization Control (SOC) 1, 2 and 3 reporting, fraud risk assessments and ERISA-related audits.
Utilizing his vast SOX and SOC compliance experience, John assists clients in establishing effective internal control procedures and marketing that effectiveness to their potential customers through SOX compliance reports and SOC reporting.
St. Norbert College - Bachelor of Business Administration (Summa Cum Laude)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- AICPA National Accounting and Auditing Symposium - Special Lecturer
- WICPA - Fraud Risk Assessment & Internal Control for Small Businesses
On Balance - WICPA Magazine
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- United Cerebral Palsy - Committee Chairperson
- Youth Baseball and Football Coach
John is married to Rebecca Himmelspach, JD, CPA. Together they have three children ranging in ages from 11 to 24. John spends time watching his kids play competitive sports including football, basketball, baseball, golf and NCAA volleyball. His family loves getting the chance to be together to travel and enjoy outdoor activities, particularly skiing, boating, swimming and golfing.