Looking to give a historic building a second life? Historic rehabilitation preserves the architectural vision and cultural heritage of previous generations and provides distinctive spaces to live and work.
Bring us your plans and we will help you structure financing and tax credits to make historic rehabilitation both feasible and profitable.
Our real estate professionals understand the technical requirements of the Certified Historical Structure (CHS) Credit program and monitor the change to tax code, we particularly monitor:
- 24-month and 60-month rehabilitation window
- Substantial rehab requirements
- Impact on low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC) eligible basis
- Pass through election in master lease structure
Our experience in a variety of structuring in CHS transactions includes:
- Standard acquisition and rehabilitation of projects
- Master lease transactions
- Twinning CHS projects with the New Market Tax Credits (NMTC) program
- Combining CHS and LIHTC credits
Additional Real Estate Services for Developers