Accessing Debt & Capital
Financing for the future – strategies for accessing debt and capital.
Capital is necessary to run any business, but accessing debt and capital while working through the myriad of struggles that accompany the process can be a challenge for real estate owners and developers. SVA’s real estate professionals work with you to develop an understanding of the range of funding sources, which are ideal for your situation and help devise a strategy for the future.
Working with lenders both locally and nationally, we assist real estate owners and developers in finding the appropriate financing sources for your unique projects. With a keen eye focused on the various financing options of HUD, state housing agencies, the CDFI Fund as well as additional sources; our SVA real estate experts have the necessary understanding of both terms and technical requirements for these options.
Our real estate experts have specific expertise in working with various low-income housing tax credits and new markets tax credit investors and syndicators. Utilizing this experience we assist owners and developers in negotiating terms in letters of intent, conduct comparisons of letters with other potential investors and review partnership or operating agreements.
Specific services we provide include:
- A comparison of tax credit pricing, examining the timing of the equity installments and the requirements to obtain each installment.
- Review the guarantees required by investors.
- Assess the reserve requirements and when the reserves may be released.
- Inspect the cash flow waterfall provisions, accounting for tax implications for cash flow use generated by the property.
- Examine the definitions included in partnership/operating agreements to ensure agreement with item definitions.
Additional Real Estate Services