Kirsten is a Principal and head of Nonprofit Services at SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C. In addition to providing audit, accounting, and tax services, Kirsten also provides review, compilation, and management advisory services. Kirsten has a wealth of knowledge relating to taxation, specifically the nuances included in the revised Form 990. In addition, Kirsten has expertise in financial accounting, financial statement review and audit specific to the nonprofit sector where she works with a variety of nonprofit organizations including charitable organizations, membership and trade associations and those organizations receiving federal and state funding.
The following is a partial list of the topics Kirsten covers:
- Assurance Services Required Under OMB Uniform Guidance
- Understanding the requirements
- Clarifying cost allocations for grants and contracts
Complying with the guidance
- Red Flags in Board Governance
- What powers a successful board?
- Legal responsibilities of board members
- How to identify governance issues and strategize solutions
Kirsten has spoken to audiences at:
- SVA Nonprofit Business Briefings
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Wisconsin Dairy Producers
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Chapter Meetings
- WICPA Not-for-Profit Conference